embroidery projects!!

Sorry did not post next day! Was way too busy finishing Christmas presents that needed to be shipped. I forgot to get a picture of a fun sort of fabric hot pad I embroidered. Maybe my daughter will get me one when they open it!
Here are the jeans I embroidered. My grandson loved to look at the jeans, and loved when I pointed his and his brother's name on the waistband (along with some monster fabric he loved...making his monster growl sounds!).




Also, while in Washington with my grandson (and then brand new grandson) I noticed he had 2 sort of retro plastic kids' plates. One had just random artists' rendition of the Wizard of Oz characters and the other was Raggedy Ann and Andy. Andy had mice he was playing with. This inspired me to make him a Raggedy Andy for Christmas. I even made a couple mice. I ended up creating my own pattern based on old pictures on the web. Here is a pic in progress along with my own Floss Inn. I was getting ready to embroider I Love You on the heart.

I then took a pic of the doll and myself to put in a card for him so that he would clearly remember me and associate me with this new guy in his life! Since this grandson is almost 2 he would not likely have a clear connection with the doll and me through words alone. I want him to really remember  me! LOL We had such fun getting to know each other again (first and last time since this that I had seen him was when he was brand new). Here is that pic I sent him.


Comments

Popular Posts