After a year and a bit!

Hi! So originally I thought that this blog would only be enough information for my customers to know who I am. But, as time has gone by I realize there is often a lot I want to share, or say. I thought about doing vlogs but well I do not think that is going to happen so here I am. Let's play catch up?
First off The Floss Inn is going strong and I am so grateful for so many wonderful people/customers....thank YOU!
I took a chance on a rather costly show in Washington a couple months ago. It was the first time I had taken my product directly to the public. While it was a sewing expo there were a lot of women (yes I think 99.9% of the people I saw were women there) who did needle work. I was so honored and grateful for the incredible reactions, literal mouth drop open when I would demo the Inns, I received. Then I got to meet a cousin I met online through DNA (our great grandmothers were sisters from Ireland!) after taking a ferry with my car to the island she lives on. It was so fun. And of course then I had a few days further north in WA to visit with the grandbabies!! And my daughter and son in law. Overall it was a incredible trip. I do not often hit the road and love to do that.
Next up, I was recently asked to write a quilt column for Mr. X Stitch!!! (click on "quilt column" for link to my first article) I was asked if I would be interested because they had done a review of my Inns and Ailish at the company followed me on Instagram. She saw a quilt robe I made, my gratitude robe made from scraps from Inns. So I now have that as a super fun gig!

A lot in the works right now, including unfinished bobbin storage solution? It will be designed to hold regular bobbins, my bobbins, and misc.....I think I am calling it the Bobbin Bureau. Here is a pic of MY first drawer....loving it!


Also I am in the process of writing up instructions and making kits for a quilted cross stitch sampler that is a pillow. This is my first one, Home, and my current WIP is a haunted house one! I am excited. 

Ok so that is it for this Friday! I will continue to post regularly now and just assume I am talking to someone out there! :o)



Comments

Popular Posts