Last Day of the year!

I hope anyone reading this had an incredible holiday season and that this upcoming year is more incredible than imagined! One of my daughters hopes for boring LOL She became pregnant, gave birth, had to move into a new town, their car broke down and they had to buy a new one, had a new job but had to put that on hold due to new baby and so her 2017 was full of surprises. She wants NO surprises this year LOL
Me, I am hoping for growth, as always, and fun, as always. My fun always seems to come from new ideas, not actual vacations or outside play! But I love it (most of the time!!!)
Today, on this last day of the year, I am working on my website/store with the plans to really have products and post on FB and open my store on the 1st!!!!

One of the items I will be selling is a sort of system to build up on/with. I hate to wind and rewind floss so this offers a customer the opportunity to buy bobbins and such to begin to store all their floss so that it is ready for The Floss Inn, for any new project.

It consists of small zip lock baggies (reinforced at the holes), hooks, and a snap O ring to house them on. You can organize them by colors or by numbers. I decided to use the hooks so that one could easily slip a new color between the numbers of other colors. You can write, with a sharpie, right on the bag and if you were worried about losing track of the bobbin color you could also write the number on the wooden bead of the bobbin.
An example of how one could store these O ring organizers. Maybe a coat rack, a jewelry organizing hanger? or even just throw them in a nice wooden box?




I have these frames I made for selling this year, and one of them is the one you see pictured here. I took spoons, from the dollar store, stripped them with muriatic acid (look it up online how to rust metal) and then treated it to make them old, hammering them flat first. I turned them into hooks and the old wood frame, I built, has a patchwork piece I made. I am going to replace that with an embroidered piece and likely put a couple more spoon hooks on there to house all my floss!!! I am thinking of a good design that will capture my upcoming year with some inspirational imagery.



So Happy New Year!!! May it be Blessed in so many ways!!! Check out my site, www.theflossinn.com 

Comments

Popular Posts