I caught a thief in the act! Oh yeah! And Happy Memorial Day weekend!

I spent the day at the Gallup Flea market yesterday, here in NM. I, of course, enjoyed some necessary Fry Bread! I have made it at home but I cannot make it like the Navajo vendors who have been making it since they were children, taught by the mother, grandmother! And you cannot beat $1 for a yummy treat! This is not my pic, but you get the idea. Fried in lard and then you choose if you want salt, powdered sugar, or honey on it. I always have salt!


I did the flea with my daughter in law who was selling her art. I had some old things I made, along with pin cushions and needlebook kits. Next to our space was my hubby and his mom and brother, selling their rocks, hubby's jewelry and bead necklaces my mother in law makes. They do a lot of things related to rocks and well I do not know the names of any of them!!! Here is a pic of some of hubby's jewelry. (He is heading to Taos today to sell at the famous gorge up there for a couple days).


One woman came by and video chatted with her friends as she picked out copper and stone bracelets for her wedding party members! An honor!

So the final excitement to a fun day (filled with many adorable puppies going by with their owners) was a robbery! You have to keep a keen eye out as people will steal, especially rocks and such. I was watching this guy standing at the tables of my hubby and family. He quickly grabbed a stone inlay pocket knife, one in each hand, each hand into a pocket! I yell "that guy just stole 2 knives" and he immediately took them out put them on the table and took off! Was grateful I saw it! When I was watching it I was mentally thinking "ok you are gonna have to take off after that guy!" phew! I didn't need to! LOL

Oh wait, one more thing. I found some perfect knobs for my next Bobbin Bureau in progress!!! And then some others!!! BTW I primarily came up with my Bobbin Bureau idea, in terms of its being for sale, to add to my products for an upcoming show, in Sept. in Missouri.....Needlework Galleria. Excited!


A final message, Happy Memorial Day!!! My dad's brother gave his life in WWII, so here is a shout out to you William!


Comments

Popular Posts