Haunted Home Sweet Home sampler and pillow progress!



I have a couple things left to change/do on my haunted house sampler but I realized I needed to dye fabric first to get consistent colors. I had to match, as best I could, what I did originally, a few weeks ago! So trying to remember and I think I did pretty well. BUT, as is always the case with me, I cannot ever look for gloves when I dye! I have the same problem whenever I do concrete work. I JUST HAVE TO GET MY HANDS IN THERE AND FEEL IT! With concrete all the moisture in your hands get sucked out for days! Like a serious pumice stone treatment! With dye, well I think you know!



Then I sewed the quilt block together, while getting pictures this time to make kits for Needlework Galleria and online.



The block above has my finished edging but I had a problem with it. Going through all my fabrics nothing was quite hitting it! So I tried dying some pumpkin fabric I have. I think this will surely do! you can see the original and the dyed.


And then I went back in and changed some threads, like the tree (where I went off track everywhere! LOL....sometimes it feels like, with my old lady glasses, I am just poking into holes in the dark!!!). I like! Now to find my batting and get to quilting, oh and putting sampler pattern up for free here.

















Comments

Popular Posts