My Bobbin Bureau done!

I am in love with this! Originally I was going to go for the turquoise color but I am not a big fan of blue! I like earthy and dark colors. So I went with a reddish brown, with black underneath. I think it is the knobs and the label holders that really bring it to a really rich level.






Each drawer has 6 slats/dividers to accommodate my bobbins or regular bobbins.


 Remember my dilemma about holding the bobbins up? After a few ideas that failed I came up with this, cardstock squares glued together. That worked but alas it would have taken me over 2 1/2 hrs to make them for one Bureau!! I told my hubby about my problem and he had an idea! So here we have copper strips bent to hold the bobbins! I know what you are thinking, what? Copper with threads????? No, they are going to be covered with acid free tape so you see the copper but it won't touch your threads!



I have the unfinished Bobbin Bureau on my website. It is a little bit different than mine. The main difference is that the space for the drawers is not as wide as mine. I am also going to start on another painted one! Here is the paper for that! Love! And more of a whitewash, brighter, paint job.


Now I have to figure out where I am going to put my Bobbin Bureau. I think I can screw it to the wall in my work space, behind my laptop, but that means the picture of my maternal great grandparents and their 2 daughters (my grandmother and her sister) will have to be moved somewhere! I keep that picture there to remind me to keep looking for answers to my great grandmother's lineage as she was adopted. Love genealogy! But, I guess I need to move Lena and her family! My grandma Myrtle Juliette (hence my name Julie) seated.


Comments

Popular Posts