Working on an 80 pocket!!!

I had played around with the idea of Inns that were larger than 30, after hearing so many people say they use a lot of floss colors in cross stitch projects! I was amazed!!! So while playing with the idea a customer asked about an 80 pocket one. So I began!! First, here is a picture of the one I made for me, more of a protoype to make sure it would work with constant use. The one I took to Washington with me. It is a 40 pocket Inn.

Considering that I only have so much space to comfortably work within the sewing area available on a sewing machine, I decided I would essentially make 2 of the 40 pocket areas at a time. Then I will sew them together. What you see above will have the ability to fold down over the bottom 40 pockets, then roll up so that it does not take up too much space.Here is the first 40 pocket section so far.

I believe, at this point, that the whole Inn will likely measure approx 27" wide by approx 24 inches tall. A nice sort of square piece that would not be too cumbersome. As I do this one I think a 100 pocket Inn MAY be a possibility LOL....not sure!

Comments

Popular Posts