In case anyone wants my story

I love to know something about people. It is rather an obsessive passion of mine because I love knowing how people work and where they are from on many levels. So! If you are interested, a bit of my story?

I am mid 50s. My life has often been less than simple! I have a friend who said once she had an epiphany that I asked for life to throw curve balls at me. That is another way of saying, send Julie on the hard path!!! That seriously less traveled path!!

I have 5 incredible kids! and now 2 grandbabies!!! I am in heaven on that!!

I have been self employed in one way or another for over 20 yrs now. One main reason is because of my kids, and one in particular, my eldest Lila. She became sick when almost aged 6 and half her brain was destroyed by a very rare condition. She lives with me. I tried a group home where she was left to mostly sit on a bus while other clients were driven to doctor's appointments. Anyways, because she lives with me and has a seizure disorder (and kind of becomes a blob if I am not around) I cannot pursue a career outside the home! She is 36 now.

An example of how my life goes? While she was living in the group home I applied for a position at the local elementary school as a special education assistant. I grew up with the eldest in my family being developmentally disabled, my brother had taught special ed at the high school, and then my daughter.....obviously I have the experience and a college education. they never contacted me. LOL ugh, that is my life? So, the point being I feel I have long been on a path that is different and part of that path, an incredibly large path, is my creativity!

I spent about 15 yrs doing research and writing online, from home. Then I moved into miniatures and sculpting. That was so much fun and I did several shows a year from Chicago to Denver. But, age and thumbs began to take a toll and so I moved into fabric designing, both in miniature and real life. I designed for the company Ann Loren for about a year till they learned how to do it themselves. And with the miniatures I constantly had problems making it affordable and relying on a printer that would do what I needed. You can google the names Weewoves and Celtic Juju for my miniature work! I even made it into a magazine for my whimsical gourd wagons. I also have an ebook on amazon on how to make your own miniature gypsy wagons. Yes I am diverse and always have ideas!

I live in the middle of the mountains, for the most part, 8,000 ft NM where the nearest PO or gas station is 14 miles away. I can, heat my house on a wood stove, built a coffee truck that was super fun and worked till our truck didn't!! I had goats for over 10 years and then a cow. I made cheese and so miss that! I sold my goats last year as I looked to the future in Washington. My cow? when I got rid of the goats she ran away to the lake 1/2 mile away where free ranging cows live! LOL She is sassy happy! (BTW I had to buy hay every other day for cow and goats!)

Oh and I should mention, hubby is also self employed. He is a jeweler and silversmith. He and his mom are in in business together. They head off to the Tucson gem and mineral show in a couple weeks.

I would think that is enough info for anyone? LOL Meanwhile, here are some pics of the coffee truck I built! (yes, I built it!) I have to say I miss it, but alas no truck! Meeting so many Navajo people and having them be so kind and loving with me is an honor!!! When I did the truck I would get the question "ummm so where are you from?" cause I am an old white lady! LOL LOVE! and honored!




Comments

Popular Posts